Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Liebster Award !!!

Good day all !!!!

I have some of exciting news that I have been sitting on.

Background info:

The Liebster Award was created for bloggers, by bloggers. It provides the opportunity for bloggers and readers to connect and discover other blogs.

Well guess what!!!!???
I was blessed to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Laura Wize of Oh Wize One !!!

 This is huge for A.M(use.D.) for so many reasons !!!!

Big thank you, hugs and kisses to you Laura !!!!!  * muah *


via GIPHY


via GIPHY


Questions from Laura/Oh Wize One

How would you define your style?
I think my style is a little bit of everything. Let's call it gumbo fashion. Lol ! Sometimes I"m chic and classy with a Olivia Pope twist and other times I'm toned down and bohemian. Heels are often my starting point, but I started to add some tomboyish flair with them, so to say I mix things up is an understatement. I LOVE dresses; rinse and repeat: I LOVE DRESSES. I like to dress them up and down, add shirts and quirky patterns. I'm an artist so I use that as a right of passage to wear and try whatever I want and get away with it! S/O to tutus!!! 

Who are your style icons?
I have two separate answers for this. First, my style icons would have to be Solange Knowles, who can almost do no wrong to me, Tina Turner, who oozes confidence, originality and a sensual yet brilliant sense of woman and also Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Jessica Parker and Marilyn Monroe. Part two to this question would pertain to eras: My iconic eras of fashion would be the Harlem Renaissance and Vintage/30s, 50s, 60s& 70s as well as the 'Motown Era'/Mod era.

What is a social issue that you are passionate about?
Women and Black Lives. I am extremely passionate about the emotional wellness of women and  I seek to inspire and empower them with just about everything that I do. Women's voices are and have always been constantly suppressed as though we are dangerous fires in need of extinguishing. Our bodies are treated as though they are a male ego's playground for sex and fist fights over rights and it is my engrossed in every fiber of me to make sure we as women use our voices, control our bodies the way we see fit and to never stop fighting for each other. I seek to bring us closer together as women. As a black woman, I fight this fight for women of all races but especially and intently my fellow black sisters. I am unashamed to say it is WE first in my fight. Also the lives of black people are being plucked off right in front of us by the puppet strings of racism. Holding the names of Renisha McBride, Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin and the 1000s of other names as well as newly added ones (every 28 hours) up and out and not letting them die in vain is also a passion of mine, although at times too overwhelming for me to even speak of. 

What is your favorite style trend this season?
Capes ! OMG I love capes! I have few couple of different cape pieces in my closets. I think when done right, they have this business elegance that speaks of  snooty shoulder rubs and high end high heels with insurance. Lol ! Seriously, I love the Hollywood glam vibe that capes bring to the upper body.

What is your go-to date night look?
I'm a huge dress fan. I love dresses as much as I love capes!!! My go to look is a cute form fitting dress (but not too short. .I like dresses that come to my calves. I want to look like his date, not his paid accessory), a pair of simple heels and a cute blazer to compliment the heels.
 
What was it that made you want to start blogging?
I was intrigued with blogging from it's inception. I remember looking up the definition of blogging because I wanted to know if it was really a situation where I could say whatever I wanted to say, however I wanted to say it. I started my first blog in 2004. Writing is simply my passion so whatever ways I find to create word art, I easily fall in love with. Over the years, I've ran several different blogs. My goal is to turn A.M(use.D.) into a best selling book. But the passion of blogging will always be within me. I am drawn to the fact that writing is no longer an exclusive club; now all who enjoy the gift of writing can now create their own hub.

What is one of your goals as a blogger?
To speak my truth in such a way that it inspires my readers to be unafraid of speaking theirs. I started A.M(use.D.) in particular as a way of healing from a lot of past hurts. Speaking truth isn't just about telling my story or telling on other people (the names have been changed); speaking truth is about getting to the next level of your life so however that speak needs to come (i.e. blog, music, painting, dance, etc...), let it out. I hope in confronting who I am in front of the eyes of others, it will empower and push others to do the same. And to also know they are not alone. This life can feel so lonely...until you find out someone else experienced it too.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
 My new cape dress (how predictable)!!!! It's long (ankle length), black, very chic and the cape is as long as the dress. It has a very elegant look that exudes power, eroticism and love. It needs very little accessorizing as it speaks for itself. I have yet to wear it but I cannot wait !!!!!!!!

What is your favorite social media site/app?
Instagram is my favorite and the only social media app I have on my phone! I am a huge photography fan and in another life, I'm sure I was a photographer. Naturally IG appeals to me! I love how filters change a picture and I love viewing how others, celebrities included, view the world and the way we love!!!!!!

Which blogger do you admire the most?
One of my all time favorite bloggers is Awesomely Luvvie !
A few other favorites are Jadore-Fashion,
The Girl Who Ate Everything
of course there's Oh Wize One. I am nominating Deva Logan of Harmonylux Lifestyle

Questions:
  1.  How did you get started with blogging?
  2.  What inspires you?
  3.  What do you do when you experience lack of motivation/writer's block/other roadblocks?
  4.  Where do you draw your sense of fashion from? 
  5. When did you get comfortable with yourself?
  6.  Do you think that bloggers get less respect than column writers and/or journalists?
  7.  What is your responsibility as a writer?
  8.  What is the future of your blog?
  9.  What brings you peace of mind?
  10.  How does fashion inspire you?
  11.  How do you see the future of blogs evolving ?
The Rules:
  1.  Post your award to your blog.
  2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate a few new bloggers you've discovered. 
  4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees. 
  5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog. 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment