Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Don't Act Like Its A Bad Thing: #AMuseDInmate#20134102

“So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
'Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true, with me
Spent all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me”   ~Justin Timberlake



It was December 11, 2013.  The ship had holes in it already, but I was plugging away on the mental seas, attempting still to let trust be trust and build something slowly with someone I had low key fallen for.  I knew when I was falling in love with him and that I should stop.  But I didn't. That was back in the summer.  Here we were in the official winter season and the snowstorm would soon dump a blizzard on everything I thought I was unsurely sure of.

But on this night,
...of December 11th, I was in bliss.  I was dressed comfortably and cute, had enough gas in my truck to drive Eastward if welcomed and on the passenger seat sat an untouched container with a Hennessy Cake from TGI Friday’s in it.  The Cream Cheese Icing sat on top of it. I brought it with me because I thought it was share worthy. I had purchased it the night before while out with my girlfriends. On this night, I had planned to hopefully share it with someone I thought greatly of, despite his wishy-washy attitude.
In this moment, I stood in front of one of my favorite artists: Justin Timberlake.  I had been anticipating this concert since buying the ticket back in February or something like that.  Now here I was, having a GREAT time, by myself! I hadn’t heard too much off of the second release of 20/20 because I was so addicted to the first version of it and had played it nearly every day.  The CD was the soundtrack of this ‘thing’ I was in with this person, who we will refer to MuseWeasel, M.W. for short.  The CD was released around the inception of ‘us’ and every song was a reference to him or us in some capacity, in my head.  In this moment, Justin was on the movable stage and relatively close to where I was standing when he began to sing a song from the second part of 20/20; a song I had only heard a handful of times, but I did love it a lot. I only knew the chorus to it and every time he made it to that part, I would sing along with him as if I wrote the lyrics myself. To say they resonated with me would be an understatement. On this night in particular, as he sang that chorus, I FELT it in my spirit. Before I knew it, my face had tears streaming down them. 

I’m such an emotional brat.

I wasn’t sad. I was just lost in the live concert and the song and more than both, I was lost in the lyrics. Because in my mind, there was NOTHING wrong with falling in love with me. I pretended that the song was being serenaded to MW.  I wanted him to not be afraid to love me, to let himself go with me and I was convinced that all he needed was to see that I was welcoming him unconditionally and would love even the hugest flaw in him that broke the fastest law and see nothing but Light in it. This song right here, was perfectly stating what I was thinking and had been thinking long before I arrived at Bankers Fieldhouse. Those tears trickled down my face and I couldn’t stop myself: I pulled out my cell and text him. I told him that I was at the concert and it would probably be ending soon because Justin had been performing for a LONG time by this point. I informed him that I had a delightful piece of cake that I was sure he would enjoy and that after the concert was over, it would be nice to come see him, share this cake and end our night together.  I wanted to lay with him on this night.  Wanted to be all in his personal space. I mean, who could actually have someone in their life and go to a Justin Timberlake concert by themselves and not want to leave and immediately go be with ‘that person’. 

He didn’t immediately respond and I was ok with that because I was enjoying the concert still. I put the phone in my back pants pocket and kept listening to the song with these hearts in my eyes. I figured I would hear back from him soon. 

The concert ended.
I walked the short journey back to my truck in the windy cold. My cake still sat waiting on me when I got in the truck. I spent the next 15 minutes or so stuck in the downtown traffic not moving. Finally, I was on my way……….home. I never received a response. It wasn't until the next day sometime that I heard from him, on facebook.  He inboxed me and honestly, I don’t remember what it said. He made a reference to the cake, which of course meant he saw the text and I’m sure he saw it when it arrived, but hey …

* shrug*

Not even sure if he apologized or made up a reasonable excuse for not responding to me. if he did, it probably went a little something like “I was knocked out”.  That was typically always the excuse.  The night before, when I got home after the concert, it’s not a stretch to say my feelings were hurt, but I climbed in the bed and went to sleep peacefully because no matter what happened, Justin Timberlake had shown his 
ASS!!! So I was still relatively happy. 

We were a couple of weeks before Christmas…and 16 days, to be exact, from the moment I would see that him, his daughter, his new ‘BAE’ and her children had gone out on a family date at the State Museum.  It was an interesting after-Christmas gift. It was December 27th. They both posted the same pictures, him on FB and her on IG. How I knew what she was posting on IG will come in a later blog.

Upon seeing this, I immediately called him, shaking internally, tears streaming and pretty well pissed off. We hadn't lacked conversation between this day and the concert. I had requested his presence a couple or few or maybe a handful of times (I know….don’t get me started on ME!!!).  I think every request was denied, but not with honesty or even a straight faced NO.  All with bullshit. Ignores. Lies….upon LIES. 
Here’s my thinking: People date or kick it or ‘talk’ to each other for a period of time before they start hanging out with their CHILDREN.  That’s a HUGE step, at least in my eyes, but then I don’t have kids, so maybe the rules are different. Maybe this is simply the world according to the way I see it. But that’s what I thought. Which is why when he kissed me, aka, slobbed me down respectfully, in front of his son one day after stopping by, I thought myself to be someone ‘special.’  SOME things are unspoken, but I learned from this ‘thing’ with him that EVERY THING in a relationship, a talkingship or even friends with benefits-ship needs to be SPOKEN.  Because otherwise, both parties might have complete different versions of the truth; neither necessarily being wrong….until the lying starts.

When I talked to him and confronted him with what I saw, of course, his most pressing concern was how I found her page. He denied what my eyes told me. He was actually quite ANGRY about what I knew.  Why???

Because I had violated his ‘BAE’s’ privacy…..even though her stuff was PUBLIC.  It was just the fact that I had located this information that was burning him up. He couldn't give me the truth as to what was going on because he had to deal with the fact that he was pissed off about his BAE’s having her privilege to post their budding  relationship violated.

 LOL.

It was also very bad timing. A family member of his had been hurt severely bad the same night I confronted him over the phone. I almost didn’t say anything because of it, but I was frustrated and tired of giving everyone else the benefit of ‘life happening’ and then ultimately never having the conversations or the questions answered that needed happen or be answered. Once we got off the phone, him still being LIVID and me being tearfully confused (although I felt like I was forcing my tears out), I felt bad that I had brought this up while he was on his way to the hospital.

So I kicked myself mentally.

I wouldn’t be surprised if when he hung up from talking to me, he called his girl.  It would make the most sense….just to make sure I hadn’t gotten to her. I’m sure that’s what happened. OR …..maybe he tended to his family business, but I’m sure he checked on his BAE soon enough and without asking any questions, allowed her to reveal whether or not she had been contacted by me. She hadn’t. Can’t say I didn’t want to...
I DID.
I MOST CERTAINLY DID.

Not even on an attitude, but on some ‘I think we both being played’ shit, but I've learned that women typically don’t give a shit about that. So I said nothing and tried to deal with my reality as best as I could.

He continued to deny what I saw on December 27th.  Our contact became stagnant in the days to come.
Then on New Year’s Day, I looked at her page and everything went HAYWIRE from there.
Her post: A picture of some filler, dyed flowers sitting on his desk at work with a caption of “thanks for the New Year’s Flowers Bae” …..and tagged his name. I had ironically given him a hundred dollars that same morning. 


These flowers would go on to be the source of my meme-making and all kinds of childish tom foolery that was bred out of pure HURT. Of course I have been cheated or lied to and even disrespected before, but something about this time was completely different. Maybe Latifah has had it up to here, maybe it was just bad timing or maybe it was the so much of ME I had given him and he WILLINGLY accepted all while holding his best kept secret in his back pocket. Maybe it was the fact that him and his continuous lying had been playing the ring around the truth game for MONTHS without me knowing. I know this much because after these flowers made their public debut, I went back to the original source I had owned since November....yes, I knew this day was coming since November...just after his birthday...just after I put food in his cabinet and refrigerator for him and his son, just after I showed my ass at Walmart for his birthday present and after him leaving me hanging on his birthday, which I had requested to spend time with him weeks prior (do women have to request?? Come on kennie)....just after all this, I saw he had been having some 'different' type of public communications with a certain twitter follower.  So after the same person posted these flowers, I went to contweets.com, a site that I honestly do not even know how I found as I had never heard of it before this day, and was able to pull up ALL the conversation's they had over twitter. Then I realized I had BEEN being played.....for most of these past nine months. ....

Which was pointless in my opinion....I had given him chance to end our communications many times (which i should have just done myself), i had opened the door for TRUTH extremely wide and i had been VERY open and honest with him about what i thought and how i felt, so if for no other reason, it would prompt him to be just as honest with me, even if it was something i didn't want to hear. I liked him, genuinely, as a person. I could have dealt with and respected us not working, but me being lied to while i'm doing the most to and for you is a whole entire 'nother subject to tackle. 

It was that moment, New Years Day 2014, that the whole bottom fell out of my sanity. For the next nearly two months, I was on the live wire. The following are some of the facebook posts from New Years Day:

* "i had to reach back into my purse
fumble around my keys 
tampons and receipts cause surely my crown must be in here somewhere cause it ain't
i'm about to ninety nine cent Spokeo a heaux and act real ignorant just for and fucking tale
fuck cyber derailment, lets get all the way live
even if its in the middle of the street
i got something for you to retweet
i got a picture for you to IG bitch
but -
i'm too old for that
i reach in the back of the torn liner
get scratched up by the eyeliner tip
pull my jewels out and light a match stick 
there was a glitch in the system
leave the clowns at the circus and get back on the throne like a real Q
That's what queens do
this is the first time my pen has moved in months
make that the keys
shit just got real........" ~2014

* i'm gonna make it


*I'm gonna mek it thru and beyond these feelings


*You can't put people on blast because its childish #Notetoself


* Every woman gets a courtesy Angela Bassett moment. And if not every woman, definitely this one. All done now. * shrug*  #Exhale #JudgeMe


*Tomorrow will be better.

It had been nine months, roughly five hundred dollars and a shitload of emotions, of pure nothingness. I had been sidelined without my knowledge (my instinct knew). I had publicly humiliated, embarrassed and was on level 50 with my anger decibels. The situation was thick and ugly and with each passing day and the combination of his lies ( he wouldn't even admit he bought the flowers….said it was a misunderstanding) and my hurt, I was about 5 minutes from setting his car on fire.

I had NEVER in life, in nearly 35 years, experienced the desire to bring PAIN, HURT or DISCOMFORT to a dude that hurt me…..until now.

It was 9:11am, New Years Day (thanks fb) that my show “Only the Brave” was born.  But the shattered ego, the broken heart and the disrespect and hurt almost killed me. Seriously. It would have been better if he didn't act like it was such a bad thing to love me.  Ironically, he would go on to tell me “I do love you. Our loves may not have matched up the same, but I do love you”. 

Such a beautiful lie.

FB Post: *I'm about to have an amazing first show of the year. That's all. Thank you for that.

"Forgive my childishness of last night. But really, shit happens and sometimes, even queens have to sit the crown aside and play possum.. No worries. I put it back on. "


That day, I decided to dedicate my entire upcoming show to the Tom Foolery of the last nine months. In hopes that it would keep me from having this nigga's brake lines cut. I'm just being honest......

TBC..........................

~jY

#AmusedBy #UsedBy #MuseWeasel #AMuseDNumber #20134102





3 comments:

  1. I understand this post all too well. Ironically I went through something similar on New Years Day. FB and twitter tells all. Ugh! This post made me mad (Looking in the mirror). Reading this I kept hearing if he wants you he will be with you. No excuses. You wouldn't have to chase him. Never give him anything or more than he is giving you. The red flags are always there but we tend to ignore them in hopes of we aren't seeing correctly. It will get better, he'll love me. We want so bad to be loved that we hold on knowing LOVE ain't never been there. On his end anyway. Maybe desire, maybe lust, maybe convenience. Maybe there really is something about us that they like, but it'll never be enough to promote to 'girlfriend' or 'wife'. I've learned and I'm still trying to make it stick....pay attention to the red flags. Stop looking for the entire picture. Stop waiting on him to tell you the truth when you already know the truth because he won't. He never will. He isn't an honest person. Not even to her. The bad thing is you know what type of jerk he is. She doesn't. She is completely blind. She doesn't get the opportunity to choose. But you do. We do and you (we) deserve better than that. And honey I had an Angela Bassett moment that New Years Night lol. That line was so funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRUTH ^^^^^^ We have to learn, as women, to STOP living in the fantasy we are creating with what we HOPE and start living in the reality of what the truth is and what our instinct tells us....we ALWAYS know.....i swear we do and just imagine if we actually listened with our actions to our initial reaction to someone......male or female...friend, fam, fauxs and the rest.....we could spare ourselves a lot of hurt. Sometimes, what we WANT is simply not good for us and not FOR US....and if its not FOR US, we will never have it, no matter what we do, say, share, think or feel.

    ReplyDelete