Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Only the Brave: #AMuseD #MuseWeasel

I wrote sooooo many poems...i mean my pen was in full throttle motion !!!! I can't believe how much I wrote...he became my ONLY muse to a point that when it was all over and done with, I couldn't write ANYTHING...its been a long journey back to moving my pen for poetry....we are still somewhat estranged so to speak....


I remember i printed fifty something poems  and took them to New York with me to figure out how to put it in a book....and for a minute, I titled the book "Only the Brave"......

and this was one of the pieces....idk how I could have driven for so long on the sidewalk....cars belong on the street and this dude had made a left turn at Albuquerque many moons prior to the day I accepted the memo.



Untitled #5


"U allude me like night shadows awakened thru room lights turning on....
U string me like beans, drying after the wash
I'm breezing back and forth for your pendulum. ...
U leave me
Like unexpected periods, returning to their cubicles. . .
How long we gonna dance under cherry moons with no clothes and pretend we don't like being exposed. ...
I'd give u my secrets if u asked for one....
But u withhold u r shine when I beg for a peak of the sun....
This the kind of black magic I've been warned against playing with...
And still i stand here
Alluded
and impatiently waiting."



...smh. So gone.


#AMuseD #MuseWeasel

No comments:

Post a Comment